Blessing Moon 2021


 

This evening was a very busy one.  First, we did the full moon ceremony offered by Saged app which was presented by Sweet Medicine Nation.  Sweet is a Lakota elder and her words of wisdom were powerful and thought provoking.  I absolutely love circles like this with our elders, I learn so much and it is always inspiriting.  I hope they bring her back for classes so we can really learn from her.

This afternoon on the server we decided to quickly put together a full moon circle since we had so many new members and haven't done one in such a long time.  I led everyone through a quick releasing ritual.  I called the quarters, asked everyone to write down what they wanted to release and to burn it, or flush it.  I have to keep in mind that we have students who still live with their parents and may not be able to burn even a stick of incense, so I give them other ways to dispose of this type of spell.  After that, I had Dino on drum while I chanted the Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha mantra 108 times on the mala beads.  I hope everyone liked it, I know it takes a while but Lord Ganesh is the destroyer of obstacles, so who better to call upon them Him for this type of work?

When my chant was done, I bade farewell to the quarters and opened the circle.  From start to finish it was about 25 minutes.  Hopefully we can make these a regular thing again for everyone.  We're not an official coven but I think it's good for everyone to be able to circle together and see how it's done, especially if they're new to witchcraft.

As usual, I did my full moon spread from the Biddy Tarot Planner, which really should be named journal instead:


I brought out the big pack for this reading and these cards completely dwarf my amethyst cluster.  I found it interesting how my top three cards are cool blues, while my bottom ones are bright oranges.  According to this spread I am using my gifts to help others to the best of my ability.  So that's certainly promising.

After ritual, was shower time, as it always is, and I took time to wash and oil my hair.  It felt like a good night to do so.  Our dinner wasn't anything special, just tuna salad on rolls, we didn't have any tomatoes but I did have a quarter piece of red onion and that's always lovely in tuna.  I've decided that I'm going to be more conscious about preparing vegan meals on Sabbats and Esbats.  It is only fitting.  In the past, we used to have these giant roasts, Shadow loved his meat and I do too, but I feel that on these days foods must be nourishing and plant based, especially with what is going on with climate change.

Now, it is time for some light reading and bed.  

Blessed full moon everyone!

🌝  

Comments

Popular Posts