July Tarot Challenge


Looks like I forgot to highlight something!

Last month I did The Once Upon a Tarot Challenge, and this month is The Suits Tarot Challenge.  I enjoyed pulling additional cards each day to complete the story and journey so I jumped right in when I found out the same person issued another one for this month.

This one has you dividing the deck into five piles: the four suits plus majors.  This time, I wrote the entire challenge in my notebook first and decorated the pages so this way I would only have to fill in the card each day.  Last month, I wrote one line per day.  This way is so much easier and you know me, I’m all about making my life easier!

I’m also in a new insert this month.  It’s a blank Traveler’s Company insert which means I actually get to use my writing board for its lines.  

Here is the second and third pages of the tarot challenge:

I love my sea creature washi stickers!

I was able to get the lines nice and neat, relatively speaking considering my arthritic hands and you can see my writing board next to the actual notebook.  I’m so thankful I bought this Lamy blue black ink, it dries so fast!

As you can see, I am once again using the Thoth Tarot. My pocket size just seems to work perfectly with my notebook.  I am for sure bringing this deck on my train journey.  I’m also almost finished reading DuQuette’s book about the Thoth, and definitely want to knock that out before I leave.  I believe I have a greater understanding of the deck now, however I can not wrap my head around the astrology aspects and it’s extremely astrology heavy.  It may be time to dive into that subject at least for a rudimentary understanding of it because quite frankly I have zero, not that I ever use astrology in my own practice but it will help me see further into how Crowley tics.

So at least that is a little something extra for the month of July for me to do.  Nothing too complex.  After that I’ll dive into some more Kabbalah stuff because everything I’ve read on that leaves me increasingly baffled.

Mazel Tov!

🎴


Comments

Popular Posts