Independence Day 2021


They detonated fireworks from the top of the Empire State Building!  I had no clue they could do something like that and it was totally wild!

Currently I am in my apartment with all the windows closed and the AC’s on despite a beautiful breeze keeping things nice and cool outside.  The smoke is blowing this way.  It’s getting in my throat.  I think I’m gonna have to spray some lemon essential oil to purify the air.  My hair smells like smoke too.  Oh well.  They were nice fire works though.

Earlier in the day, I took the kids into the city to see my dad at the restaurant.  We had some lunch and he gave us an entire box of Chocofreta, literally the best Greek chocolate wafer bar there is.  Trader Joe’s sells a knock off version and it’s terrible compared to the real deal.  So yay to my dad!

We stayed a few hours in the city, since we had nothing else to do and because Weehawken was closing their parks early Ana wouldn’t get to play.  That child ate an entire piece of diner sized strawberry cheesecake so I decided she needed to walk it off.

First we walked up to Madison Square Park so she could play.  We saw an interesting tree exhibit there.  It was quite surreal looking.  I didn’t take a picture because I like to absorb such things in person.

After letting Ana play and lamenting the fact that I neglected to bring my Kindle to read we walked further up along Broadway and onto 6th Ave.  We could smell Lush before we even hit 34th and I remembered I was nearly done with my lotion so I popped in to buy another one.  I noticed that if you go in to a Lush knowing exactly what you want they don’t bother you, no hounding what so ever.  I showed the guy how well Charity Pot works for my skin and said I couldn’t be happier to support the product (all proceeds go to various grass roots organizations).

We continued on to Bryant Park, mostly so I could rest (I do believe it’s just about new shoe time) but also so I could see if they were doing the summer reading room, which sadly I don’t think they are.  Everything else seems to be coming back, including knitting so that’s nice.  We played Jenga and went to look for the Art Cart but it was empty so we went to the reading room and didn’t read a thing.

Finally, we walked back to Port Authority to catch our preferred bus (the 156) back to Weehawken.  After that, firework time!  They close a large stretch of Blvd East which is nice cause we can walk in the middle and find a good spot which apparently we did.

And this is the smoke blowing west towards us, and currently in my home:


My eyes feel so dry right now…

๐ŸŽ‡๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ†

Comments

Popular Posts