My First Marseille Deck

 



This was a cheap 11 dollar one, you know the cost of 2 coffees, nothing extravagant.  I do like it, it’s simple, only like 4 colors on it, plus it is en français.  

Très bien, c’est magnifique!

That’s the extent of 4 years of French.  Now at least I can add tarot card names on top of all the words I know for food.

I like how small this deck is, it is a Lo Scarabeo and the quality is a bit better than my U.S. Games pocket sized decks.  The box is outrageously sturdy which is amazing.

So far, I’ve done my daily readings with it for the last few days of the tarot challenge and the entries into my Biddy Tarot Planner.  I now want to read the small book I have on Numerology because it plays into this style of deck more so than the Thoth or RWS.  I tried to read about numerology as a teen, I think I even had a book on it but I don’t remember.  So many books have vanished from my life.

I am still debating which deck I shall take to California with me.  I don’t want to take Thoth, I think I need to relax from that for a bit.  So it’s a toss up between this and RWS.  The Marseille is tarot at it’s most basic, raw and unadulterated.  So I may travel with this one.  In a pinch, I can remove the knights and Trumps and have a set of 52 French playing cards.  It could be grand!

Quelle folie!

That’s enough from me.

Bonne nuit!

🎴🃏




Comments

Popular Posts