Progress on The Semi Precious

 

That purple!

This has been somewhat languishing in my Tom Bihn yarn sack.  The transitions are beautiful however and of course I’m going to keep going and get it done.  Currently I’m almost done with the penultimate chart which is Chart D.  Chart E is the finishing and bind off.

I am wondering however if I should have done an extra round of Chart B, I feel like it’s a tad small.  The pattern gave the option to enlarge it by repeating Chart B (only that chart) to increase about 4 inches in width and length.  It said to do two repeats for the amount of yarn I have in this ball.  I haven’t gotten to the dark purple color yet and I don’t know if 18 more rows will do it.  I also don’t want to try and go back and add a repeat only to run out of yarn later.  That wouldn’t be cool.  

Either way, it’s not like I’ll be wearing this as an actual shawl anyway.  It’s too gauzy and it will easily snag on things with that ultra splity yarn.  Still, it is pretty!  

Tomorrow looks like we’ll be stuck inside almost all day due to rain, definitely a good time to knock this off my needles.  I did a good amount of work on it at the park early this morning before the rain came and we had to briskly walk home.  I’m so glad my Pop Tote is water resistant, our backgammon board was in there (Dino beat me twice!) and I would be so upset if it got ruined.

Also, thank the Gods that it isn’t roasting here.  Who knows, I may actually need this shawl on a cool summer day.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts