Targeted Wiccan Ads

 


Earlier today, I was scrolling through Reddit, as one does, and this picture caught my eye.  Uh oh, I thought, the mods are gonna take this kid’s advert down, but this was an official promotion and not someone selling their shit on Etsy.

I have never in my life seen a Wiccan item being promoted through Amazon in this manner, and certainly not on Reddit.

So, I head on over to the Amazon app and check out what it is they offer.  I mean 13 bucks isn’t bad at all for a burlap printed table runner, Wiccan symbols or not.  Turns out, this shop only has two items.  They are both burlap table runners, but with different prints.  So that’s the only choice you have is what print you’d like on it.  And instead of having a drop down menu, where you would choose which print you prefer, they have two separate listings.

How the fuck do you have an Amazon store with only two items?  This is some next level Neopets shit right here.

They could sell other altar items.  Candle holders, athames, bells, to name a few.  Or, they could have really ran with the burlap theme.  Burlap coasters for use under your candles, burlap tarot deck holders.  Burlap Book’s of Shadows.  Burlap wall hangings.

I’m literally giving these people ideas.  Take them, please.

Come on New Mungo!  

By the way, your name is an oxymoron, mungo is reclaimed, poor quality wool.  So therefore the wool can not be new!  Also, why the fuck didn’t you make the altar cloths out of reclaimed wool, instead of burlap?!  The only way you could possibly redeem yourselves is if your burlap is manufactured from organic hemp, which I’m sure it’s not, not for 13 bucks.

The nerve.

I’m still kind of flabbergasted to be honest.  I’m used to seeing ads for Chase Bank, and apartments on the Hudson normal people can’t afford.  Ads for Wiccan ritual items kind of seems violating in away?  Am I over reacting when I describe it as such?

Anyway, rant over.

Now I kinda actually want this fucking burlap table runner, despite having beautiful fair trade knot wraps from Lush.

I can’t win.

😤


Comments

Popular Posts