I Must See a Podiatrist


I went to my rheumatologist today.  I am doing as well as someone with my illness can be.  No diabetes, no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol (thank you EVOO that runs through my veins) and no signs of cancer.

My main issue is this new foot pain I’ve been experiencing.  So I ordered those Teva hiking sandals which are supposed to be good for foot pain, but they’re unfortunately too big which now I’m worried that my foot shrank because I’ve been a size 9 since I was 13.  And no, I’m not fucking crazy, psoriatic arthritis patients literally have to worry about their fingers and toes shrinking because of mutilins which is when the bones basically shrivel away. Actually, I think it’s just complete joint erosion, don’t quote me, I only know it exists not the exact mechanics of it, if I had gone to med school, I’d know and I wouldn’t be poor right now.  I could have been a female Dr. House.  So positively bad ass.

Anywho, I must go to see the podiatrist who thankfully is in Hoboken and also has x rays on site because I haven’t had my feet x rayed in about four years.  Gotta get my dose of radiation!  Either I shall get inserts or super ugly, super expensive old lady shoes.  I’m hoping whatever the case may be that Medicare will cover them.

Tomorrow I shall pull down the couple of shoe boxes I have, I believe one of them might be a pair of Birkenstock sandals, I know that one is definitely my Boston’s which need to be resoled and the cork fixed in the one spot.  Those shoes are way too expensive to just get new ones.  But I do wonder if wearing real Birks makes a huge difference in my feet.  If I do find that that’s the case, I’ll return the Teva’s instead of exchange them and go to the cobbler and have both pairs of Birks fixed which should cost be about the same price as a brand new pair of sandals.  Theoretically, based on the website prices which might not have been updated in ten years so who knows?

Other women get to worry about which shoes are cutest, I will always be worried about which shoes will let me walk to Lidl without severe foot and knee pain.

Shoes suck.

🩴


Comments

Popular Posts