Wavy Boxes Baby Blanket

 


My childhood friend Sam is due with her third baby, a girl in October.  Thus, baby items I make again.  During the past 7 years I have made baby items for 6 different babies, one of those of course being Ana.  This is the third time I’ve made this particular blanket.

The very first time was for my little Dino who I didn’t want to know what he was going to be, so I did a flecked white.  The second time was for Ana who got hers in some rad Red Heart Super Saver colors.  Now baby Penelope will get this delicate pinky purple blankie.  

I like this simple blanket pattern because as the author states on the website, there aren’t any holes for tiny fingers to poke through which is extremely dangerous for babies.  Even a strand of hair can easily become a tourniquet.  Sorry to give you that visual but these are the things I read during my first pregnancy and as someone who loves horror and anything macabre I absolutely must give the gory details.

😈

After this I will have to decide what else to make.  I have some pink yarn that has a bit of wool but is still washable that should be perfect for a little cardigan.  Then she’ll need a white bonnet because all babies need a white bonnet. A pair of Mary Jane booties and the pumpkin hat Sam asked for.  

All in all, it should be a rather lovely hand knit new born set. I may also include a size 6 month cardigan because they do grow so fast and it will still be cold by the time she’ll fit into it.

At least baby knitting is quick, small and easy on my arthritic hands.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts