Sphinx



 
It is majestic as fuck.

Dino and I were bored while Ana was in brain camp so we went to Walmart to get cleaning supplies (I made an entire container of homemade laundry soap for cheap!) and decided to go to the thrift store after.

Behold my stone Sphinx!


I have no clue was stone it is, could be marble, could be calcite, someone suggested alabaster.  Whatever it is, it’s cool and I like it and I only spent 2 bucks on it.  It will of course live on the altar amongst the other stone menagerie.

There are no markings on it.  Which is unusual, cause usually for souvenirs it will at least say something like Egypt or Made in Cairo or, From Egypt, with love.  Nada.  A completely smooth base.

Now, I should note, I’m not much of a follower of the Egyptian pantheon, even though I’ve been using the Thoth deck for a while now.  I have always been interesting in Egyptology however, even as a young child, but to be honest the Egyptian aesthetic is a bit gaudy for my tastes.  This little guy however, is just my cup of tea.

He or it is mine now and I love it and it was cheap so I love it even more.  It is always such fun to go see what absurd things the thrift store has and this time I really lucked out!

Blessed Be!

🌒🌕🌘




Comments

Popular Posts