Currently Reading


It is the cover that struck me at first.  How could it not pique my interest?  I mean, it’s just so obscenely confident.  Then I noticed that Maxine Sander’s wrote the forward.  For those that don’t know, she is essentially Wiccan royalty and along with her then husband, began the Alexandrian tradition.

I’ve read about two chapters so far and it’s quite lovely actually.  This is a man who knows his shit, whose writing style is very readable and who is unapologetic.  I love unapologetic people.

I read this when I have my Kindle during the day on the bus or somewhere where I can’t lug around the physical book that I’m reading.


The above I have a physical copy of that Shadow had purchased some time in early 2019.  He said that this book had changed his life and his magickal practice as a Wiccan.  Well Shadow must have been high as fuck reading this back in the 90’s because I am not feeling it.  I think I get it?  But at the same time, it’s a lot.  On top of that, this is the second book in a series of 4 or more, I don’t even know.  And of course the man didn’t know it was the second book so I probably would have had to read that one first to even begin to comprehend the full scope of this one.  

Such is occult writing I guess.  

I schlep this to the park when Ana is in the sprinkler, it keeps talkers away from me.  Sometimes I just need silence and don’t need to hear how other mom’s kids are doing.  Like, I really don’t care that you have to keep your kid busy (because otherwise they “drive you crazy”), with piano, 3 sports teams and extra tutoring plus Chinese lessons, that’s why rich white people’s kids abuse Adderall in highschool!  Also, Ana doesn’t get needy on me at the park, most kids there bother their parents, so I highly suggest they carry a large tomb such as this to look busy.  Works like a charm, course if your kid wasn’t over scheduled to begin with, they wouldn’t be fiending for your attention.  Just saying.


This I started last night.  I love a good thriller and mystery and it’s what I read at night time before I got to bed because I can’t deal with non fiction before I sleep.  I much prefer to read about murders on boats and trains and small mountain ski resorts. Such fun!  Sometimes the rational part of my brains thinks that I shouldn’t read such things before I sleep because I am a disabled widow living with young children and I don’t wish to spook myself.  I can’t dwell on such things of course, besides these are really good page turners and I don’t have time to sit and think!

And now, I really just get back to my murder story.

📚


Comments

Popular Posts