Beltane 2021

Nothing like a May Day spread!

I wound up feeling very stiff and lethargic today and at one point really wanted a nap.  So much for fiery Beltane energy.  So, I took the day to rest and be a couch potato.  All afternoon we watched Ancient Aliens, because why not?  During one of the episodes they even mentioned Beltane and related it to aliens because of course they did.  The way they pronounced Beltane with the ‘e’ at the end was one I have never heard before.  Quite strange, not that the show in it’s entirety isn’t strange.

I didn’t even feel like cooking dinner this evening so we had Nongshim instant ramen which is the best instant ramen one can buy.  I cook at least two meals a day every day, so ramen one day isn’t too bad.  I can’t even remember the last time we had ramen, must have been sometime last year because I haven’t purchased any in forever.

You may be wondering what it is I did to “celebrate”, you know without a May Pole in my living room.  I lit two candles on my altar, one of which is Shadow’s blue one, the other a lovely springish scent from Trader Joe’s who makes excellent quality candles.  I wanted Shadow to know that I’m thinking of him and miss him and that I’ll always remember him dancing around the May Pole the last time we all went together.

At some point during the afternoon I mustered up the energy to do a tarot spread which you see above, so that was cool.  However, after that it was blah city.  My knees were especially achy so I sat with the heating pad as I usually do when it gets this bad.

At 8pm I tuned into Zoom for the ritual hosted by Saged.  There were two presenters one of which sort of called the quarters and did a meditation and the other person played a live sound bath which was amazing.  I love a good sound bath.  There’s just something about those vibrations and frequencies that relax me.

After that I took a literal bath as I do every Sabbat.  Today I chose some bubbles instead of my usual salts.  There is nothing like a long warm soak to wash the day away.  I even got my knee to pop in that oh so satisfying way that I’m sure is actually highly damaging to it.

And that is that.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Blessed Be!

🔥

Comments

Popular Posts