The Never Ending Quest to Learn the Thoth Tarot

 

I am enthralled with this book.


I read this book all afternoon, after starting it today.  

Amazing.

That’s all I can say.  I don’t know how to write about my enjoyment of a book, but I’ll try.  DuQuette is funny, his stories are awesome and he breaks Crowley’s writing down so that I can finally understand that lovable mad man’s work.

This is the book I should have read before I read The Book of Thoth.  So now, I will do due diligence and read it again after this with a new perspective on the subject matter. DuQuette actually recommends that one re reads Thoth several times in order to gain better understanding from multiple readings.

I honestly feel like this book is a huge sigh of relief.  I’ve been trying to really learn the Thoth Tarot since forever.  Yes, there are other books that cover it and I will get to those as well, but this one really is something special.

I really couldn’t put it down.  I mean I did, cause I was at the park with Ana and had to go to the bathroom and then I stopped reading when I was chatting with some other parents but this is one of those books where you wish everyone else would just fuck off so you can get back into it.  Also, I should have brought a highlighter.  I hate marking up books, but holy shit, this is a study guide and I adore what DuQuette writes!

So tomorrow will be another afternoon in the park with this in tow.  It will be great!  I shall bring a highlighter!

Go read folks.  Reading is everything.

📚

Comments

Popular Posts