Mother’s Day 2021

A letter to my darling boy and girl:

I love the both of you beyond measure.  We have been through so much together but at the end of the day the two of you are the most important people in my life.

There are times when I feel like a warrior Goddess, getting everything done all by myself to care for you.  Then there are times when my body betrays me and I need your help to prepare your meals.  I couldn’t have asked for two better mother’s helpers. Thank you for understanding that sometimes mommy needs to settle her bones.

Watching the both of you grow brings me joy, pride and sorrow.  Sadness for the little babes you once were at my breast, but such happiness for the children you are today. 

I see other mother’s with their kids, and they are all exhausted with their behaviors and temperaments, and it makes me so grateful that the two of you are such amazing little people.  I cherish our meals together, our time outside at the park, and this entire year inside playing Mario Kart or rewatching one of our favorite shows Ghost Adventures and SVU.  Hell, even doing the laundry isn’t really that bad when we do it together.

My hope is that you see what it truly takes to run a household all by oneself, so that the both of you can be prepared to do so in the future.  I hope I am ultimately modeling this the right way.  I don’t plan on dying any time soon, as you both have seen I have a zest for life, I am very happy amongst the living, and most of all happy taking care of my children.  As I so often say in the vernacular “I got shit to do”.

You are both my pride and joy as that nonsensical song I made up says.  

I love you both always and forever!

Love, your mother and my anachronistic ways.

P.S. I probably should have written this with archival quality ink for you to find amongst my person affects one day, but as the both of you know mommy’s handwriting is atrocious.

A Blessed Mother’s Day to all the people who mother.  You are cherished, you are loved, you are so very important.

💐


Comments

Popular Posts