Salad Weather!

 

Soooo good!

I love a good salad.  I know, it doesn't look like I ever touch any green at all, but if I could only have two foods ever in life it would be soup and salad.  With it being hot and me being lazy, I prefer to chop shit up and throw it in a bowl and call it a day.  

Now, this is one of my "real salads" as Shadow would have said.  This is butter lettuce, red onions, beets, Persian cucumber, roma tomatoes, tuna, EVOO, red wine vinegar, and a mix of raw seeds.  Ana and I ate the whole bowl, because you can't keep a salad like this for the next day and it's so good you eat it all anyway.

Next time, I wont be adding the tuna because I buy chunk light now (years of consuming sword fish, I have to be careful), it's far too wet for a salad like this.  Instead I will add black beans, or chickpeas.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna make a lentil salad with feta.  Real feta, protected designation of origin feta.  Yes, I know I'm poor, but I put money on my imported Greek products, American cheese would make me even fatter and not to mention give me a literal tummy ache.  I have half a mason jar left of my favorite french lentils from the bulk section at Whole Foods.  They make great stew, vegan bolognese, and of course soup, but it's not soup weather anymore!

I could start paying attention to magickal and medical associations of herbs and other ingredients for my salads, but I don't bother.  I go for what's delicious and nutritious. I have two books I need to read that focus specifically on medicine in witchcraft.  As with all my unread books, I'll get to them eventually.  This summer will be a time for reading... and eating.

Blessed Be!

🌱

Comments

Popular Posts