Bye Bye Masks?


I should feel liberated.  I want to wear my red lipstick again. But I will not be safe, and I also don’t feel safe.

Is it too much to say that I feel exposed without a mask?  Over one year of needing to wear one and covid is not completely gone.  Yes, I feel better with my vaccine but they’re not fool proof.  I am still an overweight woman with a decreased ability to fight even minor infections.  If I were to get sick, I’d be fucked and I might as well hand Dino my bank card and tell him to pay for my cremation, mama doesn’t need a fancy box.

Maybe that’s a bit too dramatic, Dino loves dramatic, but not when it concerns his mommy.

I’ve known so many people who’ve had Covid and I thank the Gods that I haven’t, nor have my children.

The number of cases are down here but they’re still higher than NY.  That correlates with cases of stupidity as well.  People are going to lie.  They’re going to say they have been vaccinated and won’t be.

No amount of crystals, mantras or organic teas are going to help protect me.

Then of course there is the crime.

When the weather gets warmer, stupid people who can’t afford AC’s, you know, cause guns are cheaper, start acting a fool and do stupid shit over some stupid shit, all cause they spent money on an XBox instead of a 99 dollar AC at Walmart.  People will yell at me and say, that’s poverty mentality, that’s not fair cause it’s the system that keeps them down.  To quote System of a Down, “fuck the system!”  I have an XBox and two AC’s, you know what I don’t have?  A gun.

I’m thankful I live in a good neighborhood, but I can’t even enjoy some summer things in the city cause of slashings, stabbings, and pointless shootings all happening in broad day light cause people ain’t got no jobs to go to and their schizophrenia medication is too fucking expensive.

The beaches will be open, and Brighton is literally the only one I can get to by public transportation for cheap not to mention less time.  But the route I have to take puts me smack dab in the middle of the war zone which happens to be Times Square.  The place has reverted to its mid 80’s persona unfortunately from what I’ve seen on the news. 

That’s not good.  I’ve seen this city go from bad to great as a child.  Now it’s just plain sad.

It will be another summer of caution, another vacation at home because how else will I protect my babies?  We’ll go to the library and the small water park and the larger park with the massive sprinkler system.  I still have to cook and still have to clean and do laundry and go to the doctor.  After the  year we’ve all had, rest is what’s important.

I will just have to explain to my babies that this time it’s not Covid keeping us from our usually adventures, but it’s morons with guns.  Guns ruin everything.

😷

Comments

Popular Posts