When You Can’t Keep On Reading


I’m not talking about triggering shit.  I don’t get triggered, I don’t have time for bullshit like that, I used to be the queen of smut, rape and overall debauchery on fanfiction.net as a teenager, the female Marquis de Sade.  It was my job to trigger other people and I did my job well.

What I am referring to are terrible books.  Books that you want to throw at the wall, punch the author in the face (I’ve been threatened with that one, idiots, it’s the internet) and yell at anyone who sings the book’s praises.

Lately I have had an awful time choosing fiction to read.  I was recommended The Midnight Library and that was just awful.  It was not inspiring, it was slow, repetitive and dragged on and on and on.  I can not recommend that you bore yourself to tears reading that garbage.  Just don’t.  Everyone said it changed their life.  Well shit, I’m Wiccan, and love being alive!  Yes I sometimes wish I could change parts of my life, like not being in pain and having a new knee, and being able to work again.  But I would never wish for a completely different existence.  I’m already happy with the one I have!

Another book I’ve had the misfortune of trying to read is The Dark Witch which is the first in a trilogy.  I should have fucking known.  The author is well known as a romance novelist, but I’m a witch, I love witch fiction.  This however is poorly written.  I keep getting lost with who is speaking, what is going on, because either the digital copy sucks or she knows people are just going to skim through it fast to get to the juicy Irish cowboy and witch sex scenes.  Cringe.  I can not do a romance novel.  I’m returning my digital copy and not looking back.

You see dear reader, I have this issue where I continue to read the book and finish it, even if I dislike it.  I have to stop doing that.  Life is far too short and there are too many great books out there waiting to be discovered for me to waste time on an awful tome.  With my three digital library cards, I will always have something to read!

I like to keep a fiction book going on the side in between my more serious reading because it breaks up the potential dullness.  Although I must say, this Lon Milo DuQuette book I’m reading about the Thoth tarot is absolutely fabulous and I really am looking forward to reading his other titles, the man is amazing!

Whelp, gotta go browse some titles now!

Happy reading!

📚

Comments

Popular Posts