Stuffed Peppers

 

Eating food is more fun than photographing food.

Ingredients:

1 cup dry white quinoa cooked to package directions

1 can black beans rinsed

2 large red peppers innards cleaned out 

1 bunch of kale chopped 

Olive oil

Salt, pepper and various spices including vegan bouillon.

Cheese for top, I used Gouda.


Method:

Cook quinoa according to the package, I added vegan better than bouillon. Next heat pan, add oil and kale.  Season.  I used some stuff from Georgia (the country), garlic powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.  Add beans and a bit of water.  Cook on low with the cover until the quinoa is done.

Assembly:

Fluff quinoa and add to kale and bean mix.  Stir that.  Stuff peppers.  Then bake in air fryer lined with foil for 20 minutes at 375.  Mine came out a bit blistered.  That’s flavor.  I put Gouda on top and then melted that for an additional 2 minutes.

Mangia!

Obligatory back story:  

I don’t plan things, especially meals.  I cook whatever the heck I want for dinner using what I have.  All these things minus spices and oil were part of my veggie box (I get the vegan box).  Hell no I’m not vegan, I’m Greek and love honey and squid legs too much.

Tonight’s dinner was especially delicious.  I honestly don’t know how I keep topping myself.  How do I consistently make delicious things?  Something so simple, only 4 main ingredients!  Truly, I out did myself. 

One final note, always remember to use black pepper with turmeric, yes, it tastes fucking amazing, but it also helps the active ingredient in the turmeric do its job.  I eat to live, meaning I choose foods that are nourishing to my body, the reason it tastes good is I know how to fucking cook and season my food.  Don’t be afraid of seasoning!  Salt and MSG are your friends!

🍳



Comments

Popular Posts