I Started A Sock

Too much sun for this photo?

I needed something way easier to knit while I sit in the park for hours everyday while Ana plays after school.  So many many many hours.

These will be ultra super simple socks, following the same pattern I always use because it perfectly fits my fat swollen foot.  I'm using Knit Picks Felici in Raspberry Beret.  I've never used Felici for socks for myself before.  I think I had a couple of balls over 10 years ago, but they along with everything else were destroyed.

I hope to wear these in the fall with my Birks, cause that's my best comfy look, and it keeps creepy men away because they think I'm a lesbian, so it's great.  I know that stereotype probably doesn't make sense to you youngin's but trust me, Birks, and Dr. Martens used to be labeled as lesbian shoes and my mother always refused to buy me "those ugly lesbian shoes".  Such fun in 90's NYC!  I absolutely refuse to wear heels ever again, even when I eventually get my knee replaced.  Screw that.  Comfy practical shoes are the only way to go!

I've made a decent amount of headway on this sock, I'm about half way done after starting it yesterday.  I have so many people to talk to that I never get to read my book, come to think of it, neither do they!  At least I can get plenty of knitting done, and then read at night while Ana is sleeping.  It works out great.

I'm really so happy that I have found the best gauge to knit for my foot.  It's fingering weight wool on size 2.5mm needles, 72 stitches to start.  The cuff is 6 rounds.  6 is a number sacred to the goddess.  On each of the 4 needles is 18 stitches.  6 times 3 is 18, 6 and 3 are sacred as well.  I could keep going but I really dislike math.  The point is, even in your knitting you can sneak some sacred numerology in there somewhere.  I especially used to love knitting prayer shawls because they were a triple stitch times 3 and it was really quite lovely.

So that's it, a sock.

Tomorrow is the super full moon.  I'm sad that we don't get to see the eclipse, that's west coast only.

Blessed Be!

🌕 

Comments

Popular Posts