Mind Numbing Practices

Left to right: me, Jesus, Chuck Norris, and Brock

My brain goes a mile a minute.  Sometimes it’s annoying other people turn to drugs or weed to slow it down.  I turn to things like video games.  Slow paced games where I’m doing nothing much and like it that way.

Yesterday I downloaded the Miitopia demo onto my switch and I’ve taken a few moments here and there to zone out and do everything meaningless there is.

I made myself a mage, Jesus a cleric, Chuck Norris a warrior, and Brock just joined my party as the chef, because he needed his trusty frying pan.

This is the shit that brings me small moments of peace.  No strategy, not much reading, no thinking whatsoever, simply enjoying playing for the sake of playing.  It’s just great.

This is probably one of the longest demos I’ve played, I keep expecting it to end but it keeps going!  Very nice of Nintendo really.  Still not buying the full version though.

Maybe you think I should be grounding and meditating more.  I just got out of an hour long Zoom class on breath work.  It was pretty neat.  But breath work isn’t necessarily mind numbing for me because I have to concentrate on the breath itself, which is literally what real meditation is in India, the focus of the breath.  Does it quiet my mind?  Meh?  Maybe?  Does it remind me to stay grounded.  Oh yes, definitely.  Especially at times when I feel a bit overwhelmed, which I have to admit to myself is perfectly normal and more than understandable for a disabled widow who has no help.  Ultimately I’m a bad ass.  Nonetheless, this bad ass needs calm, and peace, with grounding and centering.  If my only vice is trashy video games, then I consider myself a-ok!

The bottom line is to do what makes you feel at ease and grounded and don’t be ashamed.  I’m certainly not!

🎮

Comments

Popular Posts