For My Damn Self

Turning the pages has become a visceral experience.

This is one of those titles that I should have read many years ago and didn’t.  I purchased it some time ago and never even cracked it open.  Well, due to my pulling Death as my card of the day, and with the new moon tomorrow I figured, shit, now is probably a good time to really sit down and read all these books in my altar cabinet.

Thus, I am doing just that.

Transformation!

This is an actual physical book with pages.  I haven’t read an actual physical book with pages in a very long time.  My Kindle is just so damn convenient, however, the scent of the pages, the feel of the paper itself, even the sound of those same pages turning.  There is absolutely nothing that will ever replace the extraordinary feeling of a book.  A good book taunts all the senses except taste, never ever taste your book, thankfully I do not speak from experience.

This particular tarot book also happens to be a workbook, so I get to write in it with pencil and use highlighters to highlight sentences I vibe with.  I love a good workbook.  They’re so very satisfying to fill in.  I like this one so much I will even over look the math involved for calculating one’s soul purpose card!  Mine is The Hermit by the way.  I’m cool with that cause filling out workbooks is a total Hermit move.

Another reason I jumped into starting this was because I really want to finally sit down and study The Thoth tarot cards that I have. See, I’ve switched gears here.  Marseille would have required a purchase, I already have Thoth.  I am only going to use Thoth to go through this workbook.  I think it’s very fitting.  Crowley’s self centered ass would have loved the idea.

Already after one brief afternoon I am on page 40.  Not bad right?  I sat at the park for about 3 hours today while Ana played and I read and wrote.  It was fabulous.  I also chatted with some other parents which is always nice.  Everyone around here are absolute gems.

I will try and stick to doing a little bit each day.  Maybe by the end I will reread Crowley’s work (oh boy), or go for DuQuette’s book.  Probably DuQuette first, Crowley later... when I’m a crone and only menopause can offer me the true illumination on such a nonsensical nightmare of a published work.

Happy studying!

📘


Comments

Popular Posts