What Do The Rainbows Mean?

Ignore the nudes and focus on the rainbow! Just don’t taste it.

Someone posed this question today in regards to the Arcana Iris Sacra tarot and Lenormand decks.  Two decks I own in real life and decks I like to use on the Labyrinthos app.  There are rainbows everywhere, yet the cards themselves are practically devoid of color, “heavily muted” I believe was my phrasing.  I have trouble speaking eloquently about decks or books.  Anyway, there it is, a rainbow in all its pastel (probably millennial pink based or whatever) glory.

Cue Lady Gaga.

The rainbows traverse the cards in all different directions but I have yet to figure out the significance.  Take for example the card above, Art.  It represents alchemy, elements of male/female, sun/moon, fire/water, coming together in an erotic dance that somehow births a rainbow from it’s depths.  But, is the rainbow coming out of the cauldron or going into it?

This is the dilemma. 

I also said that perhaps the artist, who’s name is Tina, just likes rainbows.  They could mean something profound, or they can simply just be.  Rainbows are the beauty after the chaotic storm.  

Or...

As is often the case with tarot, it depends on what you the reader want to see.  Maybe those two groovy nudes are creating the rainbow, the cart is titled Art after all.  However, maybe they are coaxing the rainbow into their brew with their dance so it can be the catalyst for their artistry.  

How do you see it?

I don’t know enough psychology to link it to this exercise and I shan’t pretend that I do.  I only know that depending on what late 19th century alienist (that’s the term for psychiatrist in those days) you subscribe to, that particular crusty, musty and dusty old white man will determine the answer.  Or some such nonsense, again, I have no clue.  The new witches these days are all about Jung and his shadow work.  Never read his ideas so I haven’t any idea what he would say either, most of them would probably just comment on the nudes themselves and how it’s deplorable and that they better call Dr. Kellogg for his scissors.  (If you were waiting for a circumcision joke, that was it.)

The bottom line is, analyze the rainbows how you see fit.  Don’t go nuts over it, cause shrinks are really expensive these days.

🌈


Comments

Popular Posts