Adverts on the Hudson

 

How massive that thing must be!

Living so close to the Hudson River makes us privy to the wonderful forms of advertising they launch in and around the river.  Today was a giant inflatable for the show Tuca and Bertie (which I’ve heard amazing things about but have yet to sit and watch).

We’ve had planes with really long banners fly by and light up barges too.  It’s really fun to see all of them which usually appear on the weekend and since we’re sitting there for hours a day we get to catch a glimpse for the up and down pass over.

There have been TV shows, and anti Trump banners too.  Most of the shows we haven’t heard of (Dino’s usually there). It was he who noticed the adult swim logo.  I could barely see it.  Since we’re basically stuck at home all summer with not much to do (covid and increased crime and gun violence) we’ll probably be seeing a lot more of these things floating or flying up and down the river.

We were only at the park for two hours today instead of Ana’s usual three or more.  Today we made the trek to Paterson to drop Dino off with his father.  It was so much smoother catching the train.  The journey only took 20 minutes for the bus to Hoboken Terminal and then 25 minutes on the train.  We almost didn’t make the train however, due to a detour on 14th street.  I don’t know why it was closed but it seemed unnecessary.  There were a few tables outside and that was it, it had started to rain but even when we came back no one was in that part of town.

Once in Paterson we had to wait about 50 minutes or so for the train back.  Not too bad considering before the bus wouldn’t show up at all.  The best part is, is that I don’t have to pay to come back because the ticket is still active for three hours!  That will save me an additional three dollars.  All those dollars here and there really add up.

When we came back I decided to check out a health food store in the area I haven’t been able to go to yet.  Since we were right by it I took Ana in.  This place is pretty cool, it’s like what Whole Foods used to be back in the day before they went all main stream.  They have some really obscure items that I haven’t seen in over 15 years, so awesome.  I specifically went in to find a natural bug balm that Badger Balm makes.  It was almost 8 dollars but it helped Ana’s many mosquito bites right away.  Poor kid, she gets eaten alive.  

I also found a breakfast cookie from Greece made with ancient grains.  I’ll try them tomorrow with my morning frappé.  The prices aren’t bad there at all and I didn’t walk out with a ton of things because Ana didn’t recognize anything there!  So, I took her to Trader Joe’s after wards for her weekly snacks.  She rarely gets TJ’s snacks since the Lidl opened up.  She knows all the snacks at TJ’s and knows exactly what she likes and doesn’t because she’s been shopping there since she was a baby.  Today she had to have her six pack of organic roasted sea weed.  How sea weed is even organic, I’ll never figure out, but whatever.  I was just excited to get salad, raspberries (finally GOOD berries) and carrot ginger dressing.  Sometimes one grows tired of EVOO and ACV but only sometimes.

Today felt like such a long day.  Tomorrow I’ll be able to relax in the park for Ana’s usual 3 or more hours and do nothing but put together a salad for dinner.

It’ll be great.

🦜

Comments

Popular Posts