So, So Dry

I will not be posting a pic of my psoriasis, fuck that.  This is just a rant.  I thoroughly enjoy writing rants, they bring me much joy.  When the weather is hot like this I need to spend some time in the sun, like it’s fucking mandatory for psoriasis patients.  But it makes even my normal skin dry, usually my normal skin is cool, just hairy, which I’m cool with.  Right now I probably have about 5 maybe 10 percent body coverage which is absolutely nothing because I’ve gone through life with complete body coverage.

So, I’m cool.  I got my 10K worth of Cosentyx a month that I shoot myself up with every other Tuesday, I don’t have major flaking, and I exfoliate every day with a Korean spa cloth.  You know that thing white people can’t handle cause they don’t even use regular wash cloths in the shower.  That accumulation of dead skin that people get doesn’t happen to me because I use it every day.  I’m a bad ass.

Now, I’m not recommending you do the same shit I do.  Granted I’ve had this shit since I was 9 so I know a thing or two about what works and what doesn’t for MY body.  Technically there is a safe way to descale as it’s called in the psoriatic disease lingo.  You’re supposed to use expensive mineral oil based lotions with crap like urea and different types of acid (not the fun acid).  Well, that stuff makes me look like a burn victim so fuck no, never again.

Anyway.  Too much sun will make my entire body dry.  It’s not cool.  I soaked in my CBD Epsom salts (highly recommend), washed my bits and pieces with black soap (as one does) and now I am too dry.  I used aloe gel, two coats, and this stuff I get from Dollar Tree called Dermasil that has Damascus rose oil in it.  It smells great, the ingredients could be better, but rose oil is amazing for psoriasis so I get it, plus it’s a fucking dollar which you literally can’t beat. I did two coats of that.  I sprayed my arms and legs with peppermint water (it’s a great cooling off and itchy trick) and now I’m just trying to chill.

All day long I drank a ton of water knowing I’d potentially get too dry.  Even my face which didn’t get sun is not feeling it (I wear a hat, cause I ain’t looking old for no one).  We were outside most of the day.  From 10 am till 12:30 we were at our regular park so Ana could enjoy the sprinklers.  Then we went back upstairs to eat some lunch.  Then we left again at 2 so we could go to the wading pool which this is basically Ana’s last year to use it cause she’s kinda too big.  We were there until 4:30 because that session ended and they have to do sanitizing for the next group.  So it was home again for din din and a cool bath for me.

At least I got to read for many hours today.  I made a good dent in my history of magic book.  I’m up to the chapter on Africa.  It’s fabulous.  Tomorrow will be another three hours in the park when Ana is done with her school work.  This time however I’m staying completely out of the sun.

That is all, hydrate people, hydrate.

🌞

Comments

Popular Posts