Finished Sock

 

Short and fat, just the way I like it! 😈

This took me long enough, but it’s been hot and muggy so who the hell wants to knit with Italian Merino wool?  Not me that’s for sure.

I knit my socks like this because they fit my decrepit feet.  I have a formula.  76 stitches on size US 1.5 needles.  It works every time.  This yarn is self striping so I didn’t want to do any busy patterns or cables or anything.

It fits and it’s comfy and that’s all that matters.  I immediately cast on for the second one because I fucking hate second sock syndrome.  I was honestly worried that it would be a bit tight because this yarn is so much thinner than what I normally knit with.  Turns out, it fits fine, like... a glove, or sock.

I’m already done with the ribbing on the second one so tomorrow I shall begin the heel.  Not technically difficult but a pain in the ass when you have swollen and tender joints.  Nevertheless, if 90 year old grannies can turn a heel, so can I.

I need to take it easy tomorrow anyway, moon time is upon me and I shall be sipping iced red raspberry leaf tea and munching on dark chocolate while I try to attune to the mother goddess that I am.  It’s all very pagan, sitting, knitting, bleeding and sipping.

🧶🩸

Comments

Popular Posts