Kind Frozen

 


I currently have 4 boxes of these in my freezer.  I got them on managers discount (30 percent off for things they need to get rid of) at Lidl.  They have saved my summer.  I used to be able to eat a little ice cream and just suffer the consequences.  I can no longer consume any dairy, except, and I kid you the fuck not, feta.  Real feta, the good shit made from sheep’s milk.  Absolutely no issues with it, thank the Greek Gods.

I sometimes enjoy the regular Kind bars, I’ve gotten them free quite a few times, but I’ve never actually purchased a box myself.  When I saw these in the store labeled plant based, I had to try them.  And man oh man am I glad I did.  They’re absolutely delicious.  Not too sweet and none of that crappy after taste you get from cheap vegan frozen treats that are laden with oils and gums.  This is the real deal.

The problem is, they’re freaking expensive at other stores.  So now I need to go back to Lidl and see if I can stock up on a few more boxes to last me the rest of the hot months.  I don’t eat one every day, so I estimate a box every 10 days or so?

I am just so happy I found something I can enjoy that isn’t going to make me feel like shit (pun intended) and that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg like the not so good vegan ice creams at Whole Foods.  Trust me, I’ve tried a lot of brands and most of them suck.  I don’t know what magic fuckery Kind has pulled off with these but they can certainly take my money! (Within reason.)

There has been only one other treat that I have liked so far and those are the vegan bon bons at Trader Joe’s.  So very yummy, but honestly I like these bars more.

Kind to my tummy, not so kind to my wallet.

🍦

Comments

Popular Posts