Magic Show

 

Ana and three of her friends helping the magician.

Even though we practice magick with a ‘k’ in this household, we still love a good magic with a ‘c’ stage show.  90 degrees is not the most ideal temperature for such endeavors but my mommy friends pay 20K a year in taxes so that we can get “free” programs like this one.

The show ran for an hour starting at 10:30.  This is Hamilton park, as in Alexander Hamilton had his famous duel here.  There is a rock around the bend where he allegedly collapsed or whatever, I don’t know, I don’t pay attention to the history of where I live.  I also don’t ever walk down there cause people in multi million dollar homes give me axe murderer vibes so I stay far away from them.

While the views are gorgeous, the lack of trees breaks this Wiccan’s heart.  Like seriously, all that tax money and y’all can’t plant a Japanese maple or something?  Weehawken’s lack of trees is abhorrent!

The show was super cute and the guy had the kids laughing and asked several of them to participate which was awesome. Dino was picked for a magic show about 4 years ago.  The magician almost fainted from the heat.  I don’t remember if I wrote about that on here.  They need to start doing magic shows in the spring and not during the heat of summer.

The kids did have fun though and at the end of the day, that’s all that matters.  It’s nice that the Library who sponsored this event is getting back to normal.  This whole time I’ve been using my Kindle and Libby app, I’d love to have real paper in my hands again!  They gave us a pamphlet with all the new summer activities going on.  Sadly, Ana is going to miss most of them because she is in brain camp during all the times they have posted.  She cried this evening because of it.  I’ll try to take her to what I can and see what other activities there will be.  Honestly I wish they would put some of them in the evening knowing full well that it can get so hot.

The rest of the day, we did our usual.  Stay inside during the hottest hours.  I did have to venture out once more to the post office for the rent.  It wasn’t too bad by then.  Ana wanted to use her scooter, so I let her.  She really thought she’d feel a cooling breeze if she went super fast.  Oh well.

It’s so nice to be showered and nice and cool in bed with ice cold water and a good book to read.

Abracadabra!

🪄



Comments

Popular Posts