Bye Bye Middle School

 

From teeny tiny premie to taller than his mama.

My lovely Dino boy graduated 8th grade today.  I feel old, but then I remember I had him at age 22 and other people are gonna be in their late 50’s with high schoolers and then I feel pretty damn good about myself.

Dino never really liked school.  It’s pretty meh to him.  Dino feels they don’t teach him things that are worth his time.  He does well, but he inherited all of my laziness and none of my charisma that allows me to get away with doing nothing.  I’ve tried to teach him my ways, but I think only one teacher truly appreciates him.  After seeing how many kids were in his class I understood why.  There are too many damn kids!  It’s impossible to form those relationships with teachers if they have to worry about about so many other students.  It makes me thankful that Ana is in such a small district.

I was surprised and grateful that it was so short.  It took 35 minutes from start to finish.  Shortest graduation I’ve ever been to in my life.  I joked with his grandparents that the chorus teacher needs therapy over the summer.  All she talked about was how her parents are in a facility and out of their minds.  I’m sorry but my 14 year old doesn’t need to hear your bullshit.  Leave that at home and talk music, that’s your job.

Afterwards we stopped at Whole Foods to get cake and ingredients to make tacos.  Gluten free cake is apparently cheaper than wheat cake now, so that’s what we got.  Worked out well enough, cause wheat makes me itchy.  It was also diary free which is totally amazing cause I’m lactose intolerant.

We have tons of leftovers so my babies will have a good dinner tomorrow.  I shouldn’t have eaten this late, past 6 and I don’t feel well.  Oh well.

My babies are asleep right now, it was a very long day.  Dino was very tired.  He told me he hasn’t been sleeping too well lately and wanted to try melatonin.  I suggested valerian root while at Whole Foods but he didn’t want to get any.  Shadow used to get the actually pieces of root and brew that.  It stunk up the whole house!  In capsule form it’s probably not so bad.

I am just so proud of my son.  I have of course always been so proud of him, but the last few years have been rough for our family.  Now that school is done for the summer I just want him to have fun and relax.  No camp, no structure, just do whoever the heck he wants, within reason of course.

Now I must take the time to brag.  Dino is taller than his father and that brings my soul such joy.  You see, when my tiny baby boy was born, he was 6 weeks early, and his father was reluctant to even meet him, the first words out of his mouth were “wow, you weren’t kidding, he is small!”  Well he ain’t small no more.  A few months ago, his father also told me that Dino’s doctor said he wouldn’t be growing anymore and had probably reached his maximum height.  Uh… no.  He was shorter than his dad then, and now he’s taller.  My son grew again and he’ll probably keep growing because men don’t stop growing until around age 23.  Testosterone and all that jazz.

Anyway…

Karma.   That’s all I have to say.

And yes I am very aware that that’s not how actual karma works.  I’m not an uneducated swine.

That is all.

Congratulations to my sweet, darling baby boy.  I love you always and forever!

🎉🎊

Comments

Popular Posts