Inked Up

 

Damn Lamy and their proprietary cartridges!

I’ve been using my Lamy Safari almost exclusively lately for journal writing and jotting down things in my planner.  I had some carts in Tourmaline but even months later it was smudging.  So, I got the converter and filled it with my absolutely favorite ink, Noodler’s Black Swan in Australian Roses, which takes a while to dry but eventually does unlike the Lamy Tourmaline which is a total bummer cause it’s such a pretty color.

I asked around and was recommended Lamy Blue Black.  So of course I bought pink and a new nib.  The nib, I have been meaning to get for a long time because I had EF and it was too fine and too scratchy.  This is an F and it’s dandy.  I plugged in a Blue Black cart and so far so good.  I have two Traveler’s Notebooks inserts I use everyday, the weekly planner and now I’m in a blank instead of lined.  Absolutely no smudging.  But the real test will be months from now to see if it smears.  I sure hope not.

Anyway, I normally buy bottles, but I’m broke so, carts it is.  Also carts are travel friendly and I’m planning on bringing Ana to see her grandmother (Shadow’s mom) in California later this summer.  We are staying far away from any air planes (all those maskless freaks getting in trouble) and instead taking Amtrak across country which is going to be lovely in so many ways.  I’ve never been farther west than Hershey Pennsylvania, so this will be an adventure for both of us.  Bitter sweet without Shadow, but I guess in a way, we’re meeting him there, cause his ashes are at his mom’s house!  (This is not something I am grossed out by, I grew up with my grandpa’s ashes in the China cabinet next to the Royal Doulton’s.)

Tomorrow is the first day of Ana’s summer vacation.  No more logging on to class, no more homework, no more listening to crappy YouTube videos.  It’s gonna be great!  Plus the Weehawken pool opens up soon!  Residents only too.  There’s a slide which my fat disabled butt will not be going down, but I’m sure Dino will enjoy it.

Now, on to reading time!

🖋


Comments

Popular Posts