What to Read Next?


My Good Reads list is long, but of course I can’t decide what to start next.  At least my Read list is longer than my Want to Read list!  I just finished Magic: A History, as you can see from the picture above, it was fascinating!  I want to find more titles like that regarding magick and witchcraft from an anthropological perspective. 

One thing I forgot about this whole time was the fifth Outlander book.  It’s been sitting on my Kindle for ages.  I’m more than half way through so it’s time to just see what Jamie and Claire are doing in the rest of it.  You know, sex and Scottish stuff.

I also want to begin making a dent in the physical copies of books I have.  I have all of Shadow’s books that he told me I should read and that I will because I want to see where his ideas for his brand of spirituality came from.  He would tell me a book changed his life and I certainly believed him, but these titles weren’t my cup of tea.  I feel like I must honor his memory by reading them.  I have nothing to lose and only knowledge to gain.

My two lovely babies will be done with school tomorrow, so I have plenty of time to relax and read all summer as well as making a dent in my knitting basket.

Eventually once all the actual books are read, I’m going to begin pairing things down and maybe sending them to witches who need them.  My altar cabinet is full, there are books that could use second homes and some very strong incense that needs to go as well.  It’s so strong, the books smell like the incense now.  That’s the last time I buy Morning Star, I’m sticking to Shoyeido, the folks there know how to make an amazing incense stick.  I need zen, not stank.

Anyway, it’s my reading time now.  

Knowledge is power!

📚

Comments

Popular Posts