Litha 2021

 

Let the sun shine in!

Blessed Summer Solstice everyone!

Today my day started rather late, I don’t know how I slept in for so long, but I almost missed the ritual on Saged.  I’m so happy I didn’t though.  It ran for two hours and it was absolutely amazing.  We did yoga, sun salutations, guided breath work, journaling, singing and chanting.  It was exactly what I needed to start my day, that and my delicious coffee with coconut creamer.

Just before I started the journaling segment.

After that wonderful sacred space time, Ana and I got ready to go to the pool and soak up those rays!  We ventured to the Fire Fighter’s Memorial pool on 9th street via the 84 bus.  It has amazing unobstructed views of NYC and Hoboken.  I didn’t take a pic because I was busy swimming and then reading a bit while Ana played in the sprinkler and kiddie pool section.  We had a great two hours.  I haven’t been swimming since 2019, so it felt really good to be able to gently paddle from one end of the pool to the other.  Ana is getting really good at keeping afloat too.

By the time we got back it was time for dinner.  I love doing seasonal dishes for Sabbat and this evening was no exception.  Luckily we already had this colorful pasta salad with bell peppers, chick peas and tuna in the fridge.  It was delicious and even better than the day before when my sister brought it over for Dino’s graduation dinner, but that’s how salads are sometimes!

Nothing too fancy!

The rest of the evening is mine to relax after a long day.  I sat and did the solstice tarot spread from the Biddy Tarot Planner.


I’m pleased with this reading, really, not bad at all.  I used my pocket Thoth since it’s so much easier to shuffle and spread.  That is a piece of mookaite jasper in the center.  I chose it because it’s solid yellow without the deep read mookaite usually contains.  Very sunny no?

Soon it will be bath time and I believe a new planetary sound bath is being released in a few hours.  Totally what I need to wind down and get a good night sleep.

Blessed Be!

🌞

Comments

Popular Posts