Smooth Travels

There’s just something about an old train station...

Tomorrow, for the first time in well over a year, I will get on an NJ Transit train.  The farthest I’ve been from my house on bus is to the doctor in Hoboken which is only about 2 miles.  The journey tomorrow afternoon will be about 12 miles.

Prior to the pandemic, I would take 2 buses to pick up Dino and then 2 buses back.  In and out of the city.  We’d get stuck in traffic for hours.  Sometimes we wouldn’t get home until 10 o’clock at night because the traffic was so bad.  The options for traveling in that direction are slim.  Basically the farther you are from the city, you better have a car, which I do not, nor do I know how to drive and quite frankly it would be irresponsible of a person with an arthritic knee and hands with limited reflexes to drive in the first place.

I never mind the journey, I used to make it from Jamaica once a week for him.  It was an endeavor that was over 40 miles and required a NY city bus, the E train and then the bus to Willowbrook mall.  Honestly I don’t know how I did it every week with Ana in her stroller and Shadow with his walker and me with my cane.  I ran on pure adrenaline.  A mother would do anything for her babies.

The problem now is that several parents who have to go through Port Authority have told me that it is no place to bring your children.  There are more homeless then ever camping out in and around the building and let’s not forget about the uptick in stabbings and shootings happening in the subways which I haven’t stepped foot on in ages.  What was once the playground for the rich and famous has now become a cesspool for Covid contamination.

Knowing all that, I had to find a different route, one that would save me time, and money and keep my babies relatively safe.  So on the train we shall go.  I’m praying that it all goes without a hitch.  First we must catch the 89 bus down to Hoboken Terminal, from there we hop on the train to Paterson (don’t get me started on the lack of trains going to other locations) which should only take about half an hour or so.  Way less time than the bus in traffic.  When we get back to Hoboken, we will have three options to get back up the hill to Weehawken.  The 22, the 89 or the light rail.  That gives me more peace of mind and I won’t have that stuck feeling I often did in the Port Authority.

So, I wanted to do a smooth travel spell, but instead I’ll choose a crystal for safe travel.  A crystal can be carried in my bag with me after being charged for this intent.  I could also draw a sigil and place that in my bag as well.  I have a few different options when it comes to magickal workings for traveling, but this is one of those areas where I feel magick must be done.  This is serious, not frivolous.

Now, who could I invoke for this?

🚊


Comments

Popular Posts