New Pokémon Products

They’re in my cart, you know, “Windows” shopping.


I was 13 in 1998 when Pokémon made it state side.  It was difficult to find items in stores, it was also difficult to find items that weren’t geared toward 8 year old little boys.

With the 25th anniversary this year, I am slowly seeing products that my 13 year old self would have loved and that my 36 year old self can still actually use.  The problem of course being that I don’t have money!

There are new Moleskine notebooks (yes, I know, I am a Traveler’s Notebook gal now), washi tapes and soft colored highlighters.  They even have, and I kid you not, 600 dollar Pilot fountain pens.  Basically they’re making real usable Pokémon stationary items, which is what the Japanese do best and quite frankly it’s about damn time!






I love stationary.  I have a few fountain pens and 4 bottles of ink.  I would love a Pokémon fountain pen!  All I could find back in the day were Pokémon pencils and those were supposed to be party favors!

It absolutely sucks that during this time of great Pokémon merchandizing, I don’t have any extra money to buy anything.  Do I need a 600 dollar sterling silver fountain pen?  No, but I would certainly write with it every day.  I do carelessly carry a 900 dollar phone around with me, I don’t see a difference.  Obviously I’m not buying the pen, or sadly even the 34 dollar Moleskine.  I shall consider the washi tapes.  They’re inexpensive and last a while since I only use a few inches at a time in my Traveler’s Notebook.

I can’t wait to see what else they release throughout the rest of the year.  We have 6 months left of this 25th anniversary and while the celebratory music collaborations have been awful (I’m allowed to say that, don’t forget I’m a classically trained musician), the items they’ve been releasing have been amazing and a dream come true. 

In the mean time, I gotta put those pennies or in my unique case, dimes away for the Diamond and Pearl remakes later this year.  60 bucks each, I’m a have to go full on vegan for this shit.

🖋📔🎼

Comments

Popular Posts