All the Ends

 

Not too bad, I’ve seen worse.

My sweater is sewn and edged.  And as of me typing this those ends in the photo above have since been woven in.  The only thing that’s left is buttons.

I could go to Walmart or Michael’s for buttons but I’d prefer to go to M and J Trimming on 6th Ave.  However due to the current ass backwards NYC crime rate, I will be keeping my fat behind in NJ.  Sadly NJ doesn’t have a garment district.  I live right near what was known as the embroidery capitol of the world, but that must have been over 100 years ago before shit got out sourced to China.

Basically, no one sells notions anywhere near here.  I sure do miss AC Moore, that was my favorite store.  Joanne’s sells buttons and fabric but I can’t get over there at all without a car and even then Paramus is insane.

I could order my buttons, but like yarn, buttons must be seen in person.  I need to make sure they’re the proper size and not flimsy and I need to make sure there are at least seven of them.

Alas.  Why is this so difficult?

I haven’t been to Michael’s in ages, but it will be safer than Walmart because that store is always packed to the rafters no matter what time one goes.  Makes me wish Target sold crafting items but I guess once you hit the tax bracket that can afford Target you don’t do those types of hobbies anymore.

Do I risk ordering?  I don’t want to pay for shipping when it only costs me 75 cents to get to Michael’s.  Shipping for things is always 5 bucks and up.  I could take that 5 bucks and get a coffee at Panera which is right across from Michael’s.  But I don’t want to go anywhere!

Now with this big project out of the way I can figure out what to finish next.  I really should do that blanket for Ana out of the yarn from Shadow’s sweater.  Then there is the matter of items for Sam M’s third baby (a girl) due in October.  I have to make a pumpkin hat, that’s just a given.  I’ll need soft cotton for that and by next month I’ll have to start.

So many options, so little time and so much arthritis pain.

At least this car coat is finally done.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts