A Great Reading Spot and Terrible Train Ride

 


Every Sunday, I take my son back on the train to his father.  We have about 20 minutes between the train and trolley, so when it’s nice we stop, chat, read and let Ana run around like a mad woman on the pier.

It’s lovely.

Today was chilly but who could say no to getting a few pages in while the sun sets on the city?  By the way, the creepy giant statue is at a really odd angle in this photo, making it even more creepy!

I have now finally finished Brian Cain’s book: Initiation into Witchcraft.  I found it very informative, some aspects I disagree with but over all, he’s a pretty good writer.  What’s funny is that we were re watching older episodes of Ghost Adventures this morning and his husband Christian Day appears in one about Salem!  What a coincidence!

I’m gonna finish Magic Lessons first before I dive into my next read.  I have so many titles to choose from.

And now, buckle up for this one:  

A wheel was on fire on our train to Paterson today and apparently over the radio that is called a “hot wheel”.  It stunk of sulfur.  I doubled up on my masks to try and get the stench out and we all wound up a bit dizzy.  They evacuated us onto the platform and we had to wait 40 minutes for the next train.

That train would have been what I caught back after it turned around, so unfortunately the 8:40 back to Hoboken was cancelled.  I tried to check Uber and Lyft but to be honest their prices have sky rocketed over the last year so I never use them only in extreme emergencies.  They wanted 50 bucks to get back home.  Fuck that shit.  Luckily we were able to catch the 161 back to Bergenline Avenue and from there hop on a Gypsy bus down New York Ave where we could walk from there.  I only had a five dollar bill and a buck something in change and he had no singles so he just took all my change.  A ride is supposed to be 1.50 or probably more now.  I don’t like taking them since I have a disability card for NJ Transit making my rides more than half off.  I’m broke and decrepit.

What a night.  Maybe it was the final day of Mercury retrograde going out with a bang.  Maybe it was the soon to be full moon.  Or maybe it was some other divine intervention giving me another hour of time to be with my Dino boy until Friday?  Who knows.

The important thing is, Dino is safe at his father’s, I’m cozy in my bed and Ana is bathed, brushed and warmed with the heating pad in hers.

Time to breath, relax, get even cozier and sleep.

🔥


Comments

Popular Posts