Well, They Looked Awesome...


 

I ordered these 7 totally awesome steam punk fever dream buttons for my car coat which has been buttonless since I finished it.  The damned things are plastic.  Plastic has no business in the steam punk world, I'm not even really into steam punk, but at the very least I know that it's about refurbished metal gears, sprockets and what have you.  I should have really read the description, but I was an idiot and I didn't.  Now my poor sweater shall remain sans buttons.

Honestly, I doubt these would have worked anyway, too many tentacles to get trapped by the stitches.  It wouldn't have been pretty.  I would be annoyed every time I buttoned and unbuttoned my car coat.  Chaos of the non steam punk variety would thus ensue. 

Why didn't I read the description?

Besides being an idiot, I was too consumed with finding the right size buttons.  They were supposed to be one inch.  I think, now I don't even remember.  Anyway, these are a bit bigger.  They could have worked, if only they had been a deliciously cold weighty pewter.  I would have taken some other metal alloy, as long as it was lead free.

And yes, I realize I knitted the damned car coat in Red Heart Super Saver which is acrylic and decidedly not wool, but RRSS is indeed worthy of metal buttons.  RRSS is the type of yarn that will survive the apocalypse which precedes the steam punk world.  Plastic buttons wouldn't last with the buttoning and un buttoning required of temperamental post apocalyptic weather.

I rest my case.

If Manhattan wasn't so stinky and war zone like right now, I've venture out to M and J Trimmings like I wanted to, but no, it's disgusting now.

I shan't.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts