Birthday Food

 


It has been a tradition in my family for as far back as I can remember to point out if the used by date is one of our birthdays.  Sometimes, we even go out of our way to get an item like eggs or milk with the person’s birthday.  For those perishable items, it’s usually the month before but with items like pasta as seen here, it can be 6 months or longer.

April 18th is Ana’s birthday, thus, this is her birthday pasta.  She is always very excited when food stuffs have her birthdate on them.  In 2024 she will be 9!

We go so far as to text my mom pictures of said item and if she finds one with our birthdays she texts us the photos as well.  Just this past May, I had eggs with my dad’s birthday on them and I think the year before that was a small bag of rice.  We then call the item birthday rice, or birthday eggs.

It’s just a fun little game that has morphed into the memorable family tradition that it is for us today.

Now I have heard of people using the dates and numbers for divination or numerology, but I’ve never been into that.  Remembering someone by what date is on the box of cookies or whatever food stuffs it is, is good enough for me.  It brings a smile to my children’s faces and that makes this mama happy.

It’s always the little things.

🎁

Comments

Popular Posts