Daddy’s Sweater Blanket


At some point while Shadow was in California living with his mom all those years ago, I began a blue cabled sweater for him.  I got most of the pieces done, but then he came back and had lost a significant amount of weight (his mom is vegan).  The sweater was for a chest size of 60 inches.  He had lost 10 inches.  To put that into perspective, my chest measures 48 inches.  His belly was 60 inches around; even when I was 9 months pregnant with Ana my stomach was only 42 inches.  The man was a beast!  Needles to say, the pieces were massive.  I put them away, and of course didn’t take them out again until I had to clean out his things when he passed.

Now, I am unraveling it finally, and I’m going to make a blanket for Ana.  She needs a bigger one, it’s certainly time.  I found a great crochet pattern that will use up all of the yarn and then I’ll do a border in pink.  It will be her Daddy’s Sweater Blanket.  

Shadow never got to wear it, but from now on it will keep his daughter warm.  This blanket will have a very special story attached to it and it’s made from Red Heart Super Saver which I’ve mentioned before is indestructible.

I know that crochet is very hard on my hands and arms, but little by little I’m going to get this done. 

It’s time.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts