When the Kids Bring Up G-d

 

My own, personal Jesus.

There is a little boy that my daughter plays with who is adamant about everything being of or coming from the head honcho Hisself upstairs.  I have not taught this to Ana.  I have told her that there are many different Gods and Goddesses and angels and spirits and all manner of beings in between.  I think that’s what’s fair, don’t leave anyone out, acknowledge it all.

They play at a park in back of a Hindu temple for fucks sake.  Jesus is not the only answer to the question!  I want Ana to see all the possibilities.  She sometimes goes to Sunday school with this little boy.  There is another child she plays with whose mother can always be seen reading the Bible.  Her daughter has never mentioned God.

What happened today was regarding puppies being born.  I have mentioned before that Ana wants to be a vet.  Well, she was probably discussing c-sections on bitches for all I know.  That sentence would be wonderfully vulgar out of context wouldn’t it?

The little boy stated that the puppies came from God.  The other kids said no that’s not where puppies come from.  Ana was probably explaining exactly where puppies come from and how they’re taken out.  The kids tried to ask their dad’s where the puppies came from.  The boy was still insistent they came from God.  One dad said he wasn’t gonna go there. The dad of the little boy didn’t say anything and quite frankly it looked like it put him in an awkward position.

Whatever.  

It’s not what he was saying, it was how he was saying it.  It was nasty, teasing, like, I know the correct answer, the only right answer, there can be no other possibilities.  I don’t like that one bit.  Especially when the answer is so fucking obviously science.  Puppies come from two dogs fucking.  Say making babies.  It’s fucking nature and nature is fucking metal as hell.  It’s beautiful!  My entire religion is based on the good, the bad and the ugly in nature. We can not escape it!

The parents here like to comment that this neighborhood is diverse, but it’s not diverse enough if most everyone is Christian of the born again variety.  I need some atheist families, or some Zoroastrian peeps.

Is it too much to ask to keep religion out of playtime?

👿 


Comments

Popular Posts