My Little Plague Doctor

 


My little boy looks so awesome in his new mask!  I’ve wanted to make Dino a plague doctor mask for a really long time.  Years ago I had saved a pattern for one onto my old iMac.  I would have needed a special kind of glue, thin sheets of foam, metallic paint and a few other bits and bobs.  This was before Ana was born and my body went to shit.  Sadly, as all things now are in this day and age, it would have been three times or more expensive for me to make than just buy.

I managed to save even more money by having a 20 percent off coupon for Spirit Halloween.  They had so many kitschy witchy things!  I wanted to buy a mug that said “not all witches live in Salem” but it was massive and I hate having to brew two tea bags.

It sucks they didn’t have a suitable robe or something for him.  It’s too late to make one too.  I guess he could wear all black. I have all of Ana’s stuff planned, but due to my podiatrist and rheumatologist telling me to take it easy, I’m not going trick or treating.  Makes me really wish I had an electric scooter!

What do 14 year olds do on Halloween these days anyway?  When I was that age I was going to rich people neighborhoods for the good candy.  We also tried to do rituals with a glow in the dark ouija board, but that’s another story.

As usual, I will buy the “good candy”, Kit Kat’s and Twix, maybe some gummies.  Trader Joe’s was out of Scandinavian Swimmers which is weird, but if they’re actually made in Sweden or Norway, then that’s understandable.  You kinda can’t run a store of imported foods during a global supply chain breakdown.

Dino wants me to take him to a store tomorrow, but it all depends on how I feel.  I’ve been so very achy.  I feel bad, Dino and I got to do all this stuff when he was younger and Ana hasn’t done much of anything.  It sucks.

Now, on to reading time.

👺

Comments

Popular Posts