Started: Knit Scrap Blanket

 


My blanket scarf is not portable, so, seeing as how I have a ton of leftover yarn from years of various projects, it’s high time I make a scrap blanket.  I’ll be able to take this to the park to knit until it too becomes too big, however that will happen at a much slower rate.

I’m actually already regretting using my metal needles for this.  Why the fuck did I do this to myself?  I guess cause they’re faster but damn it, they really do hurt my hands.

This blanket will be for my sweet Dino boy.  He needs an extra large big boy blanket.  I have no idea when it will be done.  Little by little I suppose in between other things.  Between portable and non portable park knitting.

I had originally wanted to crochet a blanket for him as it’s so much faster, but crocheting for long periods of time really hurts me.  It’s never the muscles, always my joints.  My shoulder blades and elbows.  Awful really.  They all grind and crack and pop.  I sound like a machine in desperate need of WD-40.

Anyway, this blanket is a thing now.  I cast on 250 stitches onto size 8 needles on what I believe to be the longest cable in this A. C. Moore set.  I’ve seen that Michael’s now sells individual interchangeable pieces branded by Susan Bates.  I really want to see if their cables fit my needles.  That would be sweet, since they’re straight and don’t have the bend in them like mine do.

I’ve based the measurement of this blanket off of the measurements for the twin size blankets at IKEA.  Needless to say, I have about 90 inches of knitting ahead of me.

Fabulous.

🧶

Comments

Popular Posts