Cleaning My Altar

 


Eight times a year I clean and reorganize our family altar.  With Samhain coming in a few weeks it was time to put some stuff away, dust off some other things and set up everything again along with seasonal decor.

I forgot we had this little witch and cat.  Shadow had purchased them back in 2018.  So it’s nice to be able to put them on the altar again.  I also added this mirrored triangle candle holder of his.  What’s interesting about that piece is that is from a gift shop in my old neighborhood in the Ironbound but we got it at Unique Thrift.

You can faintly see the face Ana drew on her pumpkin.  She has another pumpkin too that’s painted but I put that one on the table.  Over all the altar doesn’t scream Halloween, but it’s a little different and much neater than it was.  I will probably burn the final Yankee Candle votive I have on the day of Samhain, though we may go to a party that day, so we shall see.  It’s been sitting there in that triangle holder for two years now.  It’s time to burn it down!

I think I should have put the white Orthodox Easter candle away.  It’s a bit bright for Samhain.

Oh well.

I also took the time to straighten up the inside of the cabinet. I’m running out of my favorite incense, but I have a few stinkier ones that need to go be burned before I purchase more of the good Japanese stuff.  

It’s just so nice to make sure everything is in its place!

Blessed Be!

๐ŸŒ’๐ŸŒ•๐ŸŒ˜


Comments

Popular Posts