New Moon in Libra 2021

 


I feel like it’s been forever since I got to sit at my writing desk and participate in a Saged App moon ceremony.  Tonight we did shaking, stream of conscious journaling and I pulled the three cards from the monthly tarot challenge.

The theme was beauty, but not just beauty we can see.  I wrote that beauty encompasses all the senses.  For me, I often find beauty in the weather.  Foggy days, hurricanes, sunny days, it doesn’t matter, they’re all beautiful to me.

Before each ceremony starts, I like to set the mood in my apartment.  I turn on my Himalayan salt lamps, light a candle and incense at our altar and get out my Traveler’s Notebook, pen, tarot deck and maybe a crystal or two.  Tonight, I also made some ginger and turmeric tea.  I think every ceremony and ritual needs tea and water, always water.

Now that the chaos of the start of school is behind me, I can get back on track with my spiritual routine.  Having the Saged App helps so much with that.  It’s so nice to be able to click on the Zoom link and get taken to class right in my own home.  It’s perfect.  I’m so grateful I stumbled upon them.  I had my initial doubts, but now I see that they’re the real deal, unlike a certain tarot website…

I digress.

My tarot readings for tonight’s new moon were a bit confusing for me.  Perhaps I’ll review them tomorrow.  I think I may have been a bit distracted.


Part of me thought that I should pull out the large format Thoth deck, but I already had my pocket sized on my desk already.  I think that’s what distracted me.  Anyway, I can’t make heads or tails of it.

Anyway, at the end of the ceremony, the presenter sang a beautiful Navajo song.  It was lovely.  I hope she comes back to discuss tea and altars like she said she wants to.

My journaling is finished, I drank all my tea and everything is put away.  I left the incense and tea light to burn on the altar.  I love low key, gentle rituals like this.  I just go with the flow, and keep it simple and that is that.

Blessed Be!

🌚


Comments

Popular Posts