Samhain 2021


Today, it was Ana who had a busy day, from 9 am till 9 pm she was out having Halloween fun.  Meanwhile, Dino and I took the time to relax and do absolutely nothing.  I did leave at 12:45 to take her to the Trunk or Treat, which I was luckily able to get a ride for, which was awesome.  After that she got picked up to go to the zoo for trick or treating there.

Around 5:30 Dino and I ventured out into the madness to our favorite Cuban hole in the wall.  It’s literally the only place in the neighborhood I can afford and for ten bucks total, we eat like kings.  So that was our feast.  Dino had Cuban beef stew and I had roast pork, we both had white rice, black beans and yucca drizzled with a garlic sauce.  Not a huge fan of yucca but the garlic sauce makes it somewhat good.

I missed out on the ancestor ritual at 12pm on Saged App.  Ancestor work just isn’t my cup of tea.  I actually didn’t burn incense at the altar today, instead I put several drops of frankincense oil in my diffuser which I keep on the kitchen table ready to go at all times.  No soul cakes this year either.

I’ve been just so fatigued and achy that I didn’t even get out my large Thoth deck to do a spread.  Instead I went digital in Labyrinthos with their Thoth deck.  The second card is weird for me because it’s telling me to leave behind rest, recharging and avoiding stress.  Those are the things I’m actively trying to do, not leave behind!  I can’t pull a clarifier on the app, so maybe I need to do a more in-depth spread on my current health situation.  I do like the other answers though. 


And that is all.  Simple, quiet. Mundane.  I needed rest and I got it.  Tomorrow back to business.  Ana has her class Halloween parade tomorrow and after that I can go home and chill.

It’s perfectly ok not to go all out for any Sabbat.  My health and well being come first.  Now, I get to bed.

Blessed Be!

🎃💀

Comments

Popular Posts