Bizarre Statue on the Pier

 


On Sunday’s I take my Dino boy back to his father via the train at Hoboken Terminal.  Dino tells me he loves trains because he’s autistic and all autistic boys love trains.  Fair enough.  I don’t remember if this was there last week but here you are.

Apparently it’s a giant head making the “shh” gesture.  It sits at the end of the pier that houses the Ellipse building in Jersey City, I’m sorry Newport, as they don’t like to be associated with brown folks who may or may not sell weed and shoot guns.  You know this is all typical rich white folk junk.

Now, the odd thing about the Ellipse is that there is a giant crack in it’s pier.  I know this because over two years ago, when Shadow was still alive, we almost drove over said crack.  There were signs that said do not pass where the crack was.  He was just trying to turn around.  I think before the crack one could go to the end of the pier but not anymore.  Now it’s occupied by this giant head.

It’s weird.

It’s bizarre.

I don’t know what the message is, but several people have told me the photo looks fake.  And I didn’t even take one from the other angle closer to the trolley tracks because it looks even more strange from there, like her face is sliced off.

I have said for the past two years that the Ellipse is on the verge of falling into the river once it’s pier cracks completely.  I don’t know how it’s still safe for people to live there, or why they keep building high rises on top of piers.  To me, it’s a joke.  Yes, I take Ana to the little sandbox they call “the beach” to play in, pre Covid anyway, but I don’t like to walk near that building anymore.  I go the other way, through the park to get to Target.

Anyway, maybe I’ll look up what the name and artist is later. I’m too tired now from all the walking I did today.  My phone says I walked 11,500 steps.  I don’t know how but I’m lying in bed with arthritis pain relief gel on my knees and ankles because I’m in so much pain.  I have to do this every Sunday. Tomorrow I’m going to the medical supply store to order my special shoes.  Hopefully I get them soon and walking over 10K steps won’t be so bad.  

Either that or I get a fold up motorized scooter.

🤫


Comments

Popular Posts